Today, here in this article we will discuss some troubleshooting steps that you can try when your wifi range extender not working. Before, you perform these troubleshooting steps make sure that your home wifi network is working properly.
Step 1. Check The Light On The Wifi Extender
- Power Light: Green
If the Power light is off, press the On/Off button on the extender and wait until it turns green.
- Router Link Light: Green Or Orange
If the Router Link light is red or orange, try moving the extender closer to the wifi modem.
- Client Link Light: Green Or Orange
If the Client Link light is red or orange, try moving the device closer to the wifi extender.
Step 2. Reset Your Wifi Extender:
- Press the On/Off button that is located on the side panel of the extender.
- Wait for about 3 to 4 seconds, or until the Power light goes off.
- Press the On/Off button again and wait until the power light turns solid green. If the Power light doesn’t turn solid green, plug the extender into a different power outlet.
Step 3. Factory Reset Your Wifi Extender:
- Find the reset button on the side of the WiFi extender.
- Use a pen or pin and press the tip onto the factory reset button for about 5 to 6 seconds or until the Power light blinks orange.
- Release the reset button and wait for the extender to reset. The Power light will turn solid green when it’s finished.
- Now reconnect the extender to your home WiFi network.
If you still getting any issue, then feel free to contact us at My WiFi Ext Fix and get the required help.